Sunday, February 24, 2008

Peace Pact Project Update

I had big ideas about how Ella and I would drink tea, talk about peace and create design prototypes for Peace Pact Kits together. Ella really didn't want to talk or drink tea -- she just wanted to play with the beads. Her whimsical, unencumbered approach to art and crafts is always a lesson to me and she produces a little wonder every time. Check out the necklace she designed. It is for sale on http//elizlynne.etsy.com. I tried to convince her to keep it but she really likes the idea of selling her "art" on the computer. I made something I think I'll call 'Hope Beads' pictured above, next to Ella's necklace. I've found these beads to be a useful reminder to direct my mind toward optimistic and peaceful thoughts -- especially in traffic. I assigned a person to each bead on my set. You could also assign a wish or hope or just use them as you would worry stones or prayer beads. As the fun with beads was winding down, Ella and I talked a little bit about what peace means. We agreed that the thing that makes us most peaceful is "snuggling with someone in our family" and making stuff. I'd say the project was a success.

No comments: